(NC) After an unprecedented spring, baseball fans are missing the atmosphere of the ballpark. From the peanut shells hitting the floor to the butterflies when the bases are fully loaded, many of us are looking for ways to bring the excitement of live sports back into our lives. So, why not bring the ballpark straight to your home?
This homerun recipe from Rob Rainford, Canadian chef and author of Born to Grill, is the perfect dish for celebrating your love of baseball. Rainford loves how easy yet delicious it is, letting the brats slowly cook in a bath of onions and beer, infusing them with the taste of barley, hops and malt in the process.
“Hot sauce, ketchup and mustard are the perfect condiments for any ballpark food. And I like to wash it all down with a flavourful light beer that leaves room for another brat. With 90 calories, 3 grams of carbs and a great pilsner taste, Miller Lite is my go-to!”
Hot Tub Beer Bratwurst on a Bun
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1.5-2.25 cups Miller Lite
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ large yellow or white onion, sliced
- 6 bratwurst sausages
- 6 sausage buns
- Add beer, butter and onions to a deep aluminum foil pan measuring 9×11 inches.
- Allow brats to simmer in beer and onions on a covered grill over medium heat for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Beer should be hot, but not boiling.
- Serve each brat on a bun with onions and toppings of your choice. Enjoy.